The National Performance Team represents SLU in step and stroll events. The "traditional step show" is not an all-encompassing representation of who we are, therefore we do not confine ourselves to that mold. Sigma Lambda Upsilon's National Performance Team does the "Greek thing" the Latino way. Our show is as diverse as our scintillating sista's! Our step/stroll show is a combination of the various aspects of our culture, both as Latinas and as Greeks.
Our team strives to represent Sigma Lambda Upsilon to the fullest at national step and stroll competitions and exhibitions. We pride ourselves in always breaking the mold with each performance. Our style and grace provides a unique twist to the conventional step and stroll shows by captivating our audience by combining different styles of hip hop, reggae, salsa, merengue, bachata, and african with traditional stroll and step choreography derived from the Greek culture.
- First Latino Greek organization to perform at the BET Hip-Hop Basketball Throw Dow
- First Latino Greek organization to win 1st place at the Annual StompFest Step Competition in Rhode Island
- ONLY organization to win BOTH the Latino Step and Stroll Comp in the same summer (2008)
- First Latino Greek-lettered organization to be invited perform along side the Noble Nine Greeks at the historic University of Pennsylvania’s Penn Relays Step Show
- 2008 Latino Step National Step Competition (Batanga)- 1st Place
- 2008 Latino Step- Stroll Competition (Batanga)- 1st Place
- 2007 Annual Stroll Competition (Miami)- 1st Place
- 2006 Latinos Step National Step Competition (NYC)- 2nd Place
- 2005 National Step Competition (NYC)- 3rd Place
- 2004 National Step Competition (NYC)- 2nd Place
|You can now find our National Performance Team on Youtube. We invite you to watch, comment, and subscribe to our channel.|